Rochford Hundred is the only course in England with an active church within its grounds. St Andrew’s Church is in full view of the clubhouse and from the 1st tee and 18th fairway, some might mischievously suggest perfectly situated for those looking for divine intervention at the start of a round, or forgiveness of their sins at the end of one they would care to forget. The church flies the flag of St George, provided by the Club, which allows golfers to gauge the wind direction and speed from almost the entire course.
Rochford Hundred is a parkland course which is 6,245 yards from the white tees and has been that way since the course was redesigned in 1924. The course par is 71 on competition days and is converted to a par 72 off the yellow tees as the 18th hole turns in to a par-four off the yellow tee instead of a par-three.
The course has a number of well-placed ditches which players will need to watch out for during their round and is bunkered very well in order to catch any off line shots. In the main playing season the fairways can become firm which will help with distance off the tee but play havoc with approach shots in to the greens.