We request that all members, guests and visitors respect the normal traditions of a Golf Club in the way they dress.
On the Course (includes practice areas and putting green)
- On the Course (includes practice areas and putting green)
- Smart attire is expected at all times.
- Dress code for players on the Course is based on the wearing of suitable golf attire.
Acceptable golf wear includes
- Golfing trousers
- Shirts with collars. Collarless/crew neck shirts only when from a recognised golf manufacturer
- Shorts which are tailored above the knee in length
- Socks worn with shorts should be visible above the shoe
Unacceptable golf wear includes
- Shirts with a longer length designed to be tucked into the waistband may not be worn over the waistband
- Blue Denim or tracksuit bottoms
- Non tailored shorts or 3/4 length trousers for men
- Large pocket cargo shorts or trousers
- Rugby, Hockey, or Football style jerseys
- Shirts or outer garments should not be heavily embossed with logos or numbers.
- Tee shirts
- Trainers or other non-golfing footwear
Hats and Caps are to be worn as designed and not backwards.
Acceptable Attire in the Clubhouse
- Golf shoes should be cleaned before entering the clubhouse. If your golf shoes are not compliant then regular shoes must be worn
- Members must change from wet clothing before entering either the spike bar or lounge bar
- Hats and Caps must be removed before entering the Clubhouse
- Denim may be worn in the Clubhouse but must not be ripped or faded
- For general use or entertainments events, carveries, post golf, private functions etc smart casual is acceptable. Faded or ripped denims are not acceptable
- Golf shoes that have soft spikes or pimples may be worn in the Main Bar/Dining area during summer months April to October as long as they have been cleaned prior to entry. Metal Spikes are not allowed
- When lunch is served in the dining room during a competition, golfing attire is accepted but wet clothing must be changed.
Waterproofs are not to be worn at any time
- Bare or socked feet are not permissible at any time
- Beach/swimming pool flip flops or sliders are not allowed in the Main Bar or Dining room at any time
- For official Club functions e.g. Club Competitions involving evening catering, Inter Club matches etc. a jacket, shirt and tie or roll neck shirt, tailored trousers, shall be the normal standard dress unless otherwise stipulated
- The Club Secretary, Captain or Vice-Captain may vary the application of the above dress codes from time to time
- Members must take responsibility for advising their guests of the correct dress code that applies in the Clubhouse