We request that all members, guests and visitors respect the normal traditions of a Golf Club in the way they dress.
On the Course (includes practice areas and putting green)
- On the Course (includes practice areas and putting green)
- Smart attire is expected at all times.
- Dress code for players on the Course is based on the wearing of suitable golf attire.
Acceptable golf wear includes
- Golfing trousers
- Shirts with collars. Collarless/crew neck shirts only when from a recognised golf manufacturer
- Shorts which are tailored above the knee in length
Unacceptable golf wear includes
- Shirts worn outside the waistband for men
- Blue Denim or tracksuit bottoms
- Non tailored shorts or 3/4 length trousers for men
- Large pocket cargo shorts or trousers
- Rugby, Hockey, or Football style jerseys
- Shirts or outer garments should not be heavily embossed with logos or numbers.
- Tee shirts
- Trainers or other non-golfing footwear
Hats and Caps are to be worn as designed and not backwards.
Spike Bar (includes external areas e.g. the benches around the Clubhouse)
- Hats or caps must be removed inside the Clubhouse.
- Golf shoes should be cleaned before entering the Clubhouse and members should change from wet clothing before entering the spike bar.
- Denim may be worn but must not be ripped or faded
Main Bar and Dining Room
- For general use or entertainments events, carveries, post golf, private functions etc smart casual is acceptable. Faded or ripped denims and trainers are not acceptable.
- When lunch is served in the dining room during a competition, golfing attire is accepted but regular shoes must be worn and wet clothing must be changed. Waterproofs are not to be worn at any time. It is not acceptable to enter the lounge without the appropriate footwear.
- For official Club functions e.g. AGM, Club Competitions involving evening catering, Inter Club matches etc. a jacket, shirt and tie or roll neck shirt, tailored trousers, shall be the normal standard dress unless otherwise stipulated.
- The Club Secretary, Captain or Vice-Captain may vary the application of the above dress codes from time to time.